ZOLLERN gearboxes power tunnel boring machines around the world that are used to bore tunnels for road and rail traffic or water and wastewater supply.
ZOLLERN tunnel boring drives are used as main drives, auger drives and erector drives. They are core components for hard rock TBMs, earth pressure (EPB) and micro-tunnel boring machines as well as combinations thereof.
- 30% more compact design than conventional drive solutions
- Drive torques up to 3,000,000 Nm (as a standard)
- Hydraulic and electric drive variants
- Liquid cooled for continuous use
- Integrated holding brake and overload clutch
- Holistic drive solutions with gearbox, synchronous motor (larger than 400 kW) and inverter
Construction machine: Hard rock tunnel boring machine, earth pressure TBMs (EPB), micro tunnel boring machines double-, and single mode TBM’s.